Black Mirror Season 6: A long-awaited return of the critically acclaimed anthology series “Black Mirror” is finally upon us. Four years after the last season was released, “Black Mirror” season 6 is all set to debut on Netflix on June 15th, 2023. With its characteristic unpredictable, unclassifiable, and unexpected themes, the new season promises to be the most engrossing yet.
The Journey So Far
The show began as a product of Channel 4 in the UK and ran for two seasons before being picked up by Netflix, which added three more seasons plus an interactive special to its roster. The creative minds behind “Black Mirror” are Charlie Brooker and Annabel Jones, who have since forged an exclusive partnership with Netflix under the banner of their new company, Broke & Bones.
The Wait for Season 6
The arrival of season 6 has been eagerly anticipated, but it was delayed due to Netflix’s disagreements with Endemol Shine Group, the IP owner. However, in July 2020, Netflix struck a landmark deal with Brooker and Jones, taking a controlling stake in Broke & Bones. Although this did not immediately resolve the licensing issues, it paved the way for future seasons of “Black Mirror.”
Black Mirror Season 6: A Glimpse Into the Future
Finally, in May 2022, reports emerged that “Black Mirror” season 6 was officially in the works, much to the delight of fans worldwide. The upcoming season is set to feature a roster of renowned actors, each appearing in one episode. Notable stars include Aaron Paul of “Breaking Bad,” Zazie Beetz from “Atlanta,” Josh Hartnett known for “Penny Dreadful,” and Kate Mara from “House of Cards,” among others.
A Sneak Peek into the Episodes
Here is what we know about the confirmed episodes of “Black Mirror” season 6:
- “Joan is Awful” features Salma Hayek Pinault portraying an ordinary woman whose life has been turned into a TV drama.
- “Demon 79” set in Northern England in 1979, sees a meek sales assistant forced into committing horrendous acts to prevent a disaster.
- “Mazey Day” follows a troubled starlet harassed by paparazzi while grappling with the aftermath of a hit-and-run incident.
- “Beyond the Sea” introduces us to an alternative 1969 where two men face the consequences of an unimaginable tragedy during a high-risk mission.
- “Loch Henry” sees a young couple working on a nature documentary in a sleepy Scottish town become entangled in a shocking local tale from the past.
When Was Season 6 Filmed?
Although tracking the production timeline for an anthology series like “Black Mirror” is challenging, we know that filming for various episodes took place in different locations, including Costa Del Sol, Harrow, East Sussex, and Scotland, among others.
When Can You Watch Season 6?
After an exciting journey, “Black Mirror” Season 6 is finally set to release in its entirety on June 15th, 2023. Make sure to mark your calendars and prepare yourself for a thrilling journey into a world of dystopian realities, unexpected narratives, and gripping drama.