Sherwood Episode 4: When Sherwood premiered on BBC One and iPlayer in June, it became one of the year’s must-watch dramas.
It is an intriguing tale of a town divided by the 1980s miners’ strikes and a murder that threatens to reopen old wounds.
The series’ stellar ensemble, which includes a wide range of well-known performers in little and significant parts, contributes to the suspenseful storyline.
Episode 4 of Sherwood introduces a slew of new characters, guest stars, and a few familiar ones to the show’s core cast. Sherwood (2022) Season 1 Episode 3
Sherwood Episode 4 Cast Release Date Preview
Ian calls in Met reinforcements after learning there are two murderers on the run.
The discovery of yet another arrow attack leads Ian and Kevin to reevaluate who Scott is targeting and reveal a secret that is highly near to home for both of them.
Things take an unexpected turn for Scott and Andy in the forest when Kevin learns the identity of the undercover cop who has been stationed in their town since a long time ago during the miners’ strikes.
Sherwood Episode 4 Recap
In Sherwood episode 4, DCS Ian St Clair and DI Kevin Salisbury began investigating the identity of the undercover police officer in their midst, revealing more previously unrevealed information.
Gary Jackson was one of five miners’ strike informants who arrived in the area in the mid-1980s to provide information on the strikers.
However, the encroacher remained undetected by everyone around them until Gary figured it out, and Scott Rowley is now on the hunt.
Ian and Kevin were discussing the informant’s identity when Kevin brought up the subject of Kevin’s wife Helen, a former coworker of Sarah Vincent who had been murdered by Andy Fisher.
Ian revealed to Kevin that Helen’s mother had worked for the National Coal Board, which had been in charge of closing down coal mines it deemed inefficient and then laying off workers due to those closures.
Margaret Thatcher nominated Ian McGregor, the NCB’s director-general, to lead the organization.
Helen turned out to be more complex than we first thought. A search of the police database revealed that Kevin had already entered her name and that she had a file with local papers.
Kevin was contacted by Helen after she was made aware of his digging. After that conversation, the two agreed to meet in person, and she confessed that Helen is not her actual name.
Sherwood Episode 4 Cast
- David Morrissey as Detective Chief Superintendent Ian St Clair
- Robert Glenister as DI Kevin Salisbury
- Adam Hugill as Scott Rowley
- Adeel Akhtar as Andy Fisher
- Lorraine Ashbourne as Daphne Sparrow
- Kevin Doyle as Fred Rowley
- Perry Fitzpatrick as Rory Sparrow
- Clare Holman as Helen St Clair
- Philip Jackson as Mickey Sparrow
- Lesley Manville as Julie Jackson
- Nadine Marshall as Jenny Harris
- Don Gilet as Jacob Harris
- Claire Rushbrook as Cathy Rowley
- Bally Gill as Neel Fisher
- Hazel Ellerby as Madeleine Hooper
- Sean Gilder as Dean Simmons
- Bill Jones as Ronan Sparrow
- George Howard as Young Ian
- Pip Torrens as Commissioner Charles Dawes
- Andrea Lowe as DI Taylor
- Terence Maynard as DS Cleaver
- Phaldut Sharma as Chief Constable Fraser
- Harpal Hayer as PC Arjun Patel
- Chloe Harris as PC Kirsty Dove
- Charles Dale as Leonard Gibson
- Safia Oakley-Green as Cinderella Jackson
- Neil Ashton as Carl
- Christopher Fairbank as Bill Raggett
- Kelly Harrison as Amy Whitstable
- Lindsay Duncan as Jennifer Hale
- Roger Dipper as Camper
- Ben O’Brien as Camper
Latest posts by GSR (see all)
- Is Kevin Costner Leaving Yellowstone? - February 8, 2024
- Was Kim Petras Born Male | Is Kim Petras Transgender? - February 8, 2024
- Napoleon Movie Release Date, Cast - February 8, 2024
- Is Ruby Gillman Teenage Kraken streaming on Disney+? - February 7, 2024
- American Horror Stories Season 3 Release Date 2023 - February 7, 2024