Law & Order: SVU Season 24 Episode 19, titled “Bend the Law,” is set to be released on Thursday night, April 27, 2023, at 8 pm Central Standard Time on NBC.
The Return of a Familiar Face
“Bend the Law” marks the return of Betty Buckley as Bureau Chief Lorraine Maxwell. However, her reappearance on the show does not bring good news for the SVU team. Maxwell’s husband becomes a person of interest in an investigation, putting Carisi in a difficult situation as he has to navigate around his own boss on the case. This is sure to create complications and tense moments in the episode.
Velasco’s Personal Struggle
In addition to the main storyline involving Maxwell’s husband, the episode also focuses on Velasco’s personal life. He is tasked with taking down an old friend for a murder committed in Mexico. This difficult assignment is bound to test Velasco’s loyalty and emotions, as he must balance his duty as an officer with his personal relationships.
Setting the Stage for the Season 24 Finale
“Bend the Law” promises to be an engaging return for Law & Order: SVU, with intriguing storylines that are sure to captivate viewers. As the show approaches its Season 24 finale in May, this episode sets the stage for an exciting conclusion.
Law & Order: SVU Season 24 Episode 19 Cast
- Mariska Hargitay as Captain Olivia Benson
- Ice-T as Sergeant Odafin ‘Fin’ Tutuola(as Ice T)
- Peter Scanavino as ADA Dominick ‘Sonny’ Carisi, Jr.
- Octavio Pisano as Detective Joe Velasco
- Molly Burnett as Detective Grace Muncy
- Jasmine Batchelor as Detective Tonie Churlish
- Betty Buckley as Trial Division Chief Lorraine Maxwell
- Brian Cade as Counselor Harris Malone
- Tom Irwin as Robert Briggs
- Kevin Kane as Detective Terry Bruno
How to Watch
Law & Order: SVU airs on Thursdays at 9/8c on NBC. Episodes are also available for streaming the following day on NBC’s official website or the NBC app.