Does The Boogeyman Have Post-Credits Scene? The year 2023 has proven to be a thrilling period for horror fans, delivering such cinematic gems as the claustrophobic Evil Dead Rise and the thoroughly deranged Infinity Pool. The recent release of The Boogeyman has turned the blood-splattered spotlight back onto director Rob Savage. After his COVID-inspired horror flick, Host, and his intriguing follow-up Dashcam, Savage is back with his biggest feature yet. But, does The Boogeyman have a post-credits scene? Where can you watch this highly anticipated movie? And who is part of its cast? Let’s delve into these details.
Watching The Boogeyman: The Big Screen Awaits
The Boogeyman is exclusively releasing in theaters and cinemas on Friday, June 2nd, 2023, simultaneously in both the US and the UK. A streaming release date remains unannounced, but typically films take approximately three months after their theatrical run to become available for rental or purchase on various platforms. Therefore, we can expect The Boogeyman to land on VOD in late August or early September.
Based on the master of terror Stephen King’s 1973 short story of the same name, The Boogeyman presents the unsettling journey of two sisters, Sadie and Sawyer Harper, grappling with their mother’s recent death. Their father, a distant figure in their lives, is a therapist. The family’s already precarious balance tips into danger when one of his patients unwittingly introduces a chilling entity into their home.
Post-Credits Scene in The Boogeyman: Stay or Leave?
Contrary to some modern film trends, The Boogeyman does not have a post-credits scene, nor a mid-credits or end-credits scene. As the movie is exclusively in theaters, you can feel free to head for the exits once the credits begin to roll. Despite the absence of additional scenes, early viewers expressed their delight at the music selection during the closing credits, particularly the Elvis Presley’s hit, “Burning Love.”
The Monster in The Boogeyman: A Glimpse into the Darkness
Although the primary trailer carefully avoids revealing the creature, a glimpse of the Boogeyman can be seen in the teaser. This entity is a parasitic figure, reminiscent of the titular creature in The Babadook, feeding on the family’s trauma and grief. It is as much a manifestation of their collective sorrow as it is a conventional horror antagonist.
Director Rob Savage mentioned in an interview with Empire that the film’s creature reveal had to be toned down for theatrical release because the audience’s response was so intense that they missed the following lines of dialogue. This reaction hints at the frightening presence of the creature in the movie.
Meet The Cast of The Boogeyman
The central cast of The Boogeyman includes:
- Sophie Thatcher (Prospect) as Sadie Harper
- Chris Messina (Birds Of Prey) as Will Harper
- Vivien Lyra Blair (Bird Box) as Sawyer Harper
- Marin Ireland (The Irishman) as Rita
- Madison Hu (Bad Words) as Bethany
- Maddie Nichols (Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle) as Natalie
- LisaGay Hamilton (Beautiful Boy) as Dr. Weller
- David Dastmalchian (The Suicide Squad) as Lester Billings
- Mabel Tyler (A Sunday Horse) as Abby
- Seylan Baxter (Host, Dashcam) as Medium
In conclusion, whether you’re a die-hard horror fan or a casual moviegoer, The Boogey
Latest posts by GSR (see all)
- Letitia James Holds Victory Press Conference - February 24, 2024
- Is Kevin Costner Leaving Yellowstone? - February 8, 2024
- Was Kim Petras Born Male | Is Kim Petras Transgender? - February 8, 2024
- Napoleon Movie Release Date, Cast - February 8, 2024
- Is Ruby Gillman Teenage Kraken streaming on Disney+? - February 7, 2024