A hospital spokeswoman said Friday that a North Carolina teen who was hit by a car while getting off a school bus in Halifax County this week is now in good condition.
The State Highway Patrol says that Tillman Mitchell, a 17-year-old student at the Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School in Hollister, had just gotten off the school bus and was walking across the street to his house when a 2022 Tesla Model Y hit him.
He was flown to WakeMed Wednesday afternoon with injuries that could kill him. On Friday morning, hospital spokeswoman Kristin Kelly said he was in good condition.
The driver, a 51-year-old dentist from Roanoke Rapids named Dr. Howard Gene Yee, didn’t stop for the stopped school bus, which the highway patrol said had all of its warning lights on.
First Sgt. Christopher Knox of the State Highway Patrol said that the first look at the situation showed that the driver was not paying attention. He said that investigators are trying to find out if the Tesla was in “autopilot mode” when it crashed.
Yee was put in the Halifax County Jail on a $25,000 bond and charged with driving recklessly and “passing a stopped school bus and hitting a person.” The North Carolina Department of Public Safety said that Yee drove recklessly and hit a person while passing a stopped school bus.
Yee’s dental office didn’t respond right away when asked for a comment.
Latest posts by GSR (see all)
- The Ichinose Family’s Deadly Sins Chapter 19 Release Date & Time: What to Expect and When to Read - March 29, 2023
- Black Clover Takes Shonen Jump by Storm: Asta and Yuno’s Rise to Fame - March 29, 2023
- Blinded by the Light Manfred Mann’s Earth Band (Lyrics Meaning) - March 29, 2023
- Becky G and Sebastian Lletget Age Difference - March 28, 2023
- William Mcdowell Gladys Knight Age Difference - March 28, 2023